Broughton Gifford Gardening Society is affiliated to the Royal Horticultural Society and was formed in 1983, so members could share an interest in gardening. Some of the original enthusiasts are still members. We are not a group of experts, we just enjoy gardens and gardening. We hold meetings throughout the year, to which we invite all residents – whether they are members or not.
- Trips & Meetings
- In the summer, we have trips to local gardens and nurseries and a day’s outing by coach to a garden of special interest. In the winter months we have talks and slide shows by horticultural experts and a regular plant stall. Our AGM is held in November and our year is rounded off in December with a companionable Social Evening involving eating, drinking, chatting and quizzing.
- Each year we hold two shows – a Spring Flower Show for members and, at the end of August, the Village Flower and Produce Show for all residents of Broughton Gifford, with classes in horticulture, cookery, photography and handicrafts
- Member benefits
- Members can get a 50% discount on packet seed and 15% off all other products from Dobies.
- Membership costs £4.00 a year plus £2.00 for each meeting in the Village Hall. Prices for trips vary depending upon coach hire and venue entry ticket prices.
- More information
- See our current programme of events. If you would like any more information about the society’s activities, please call Tony Cooper on 01225 782711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.